Thursday, February 4, 2016

Our First Nail Art Post

It really makes sense that the first official post is about Nail Art.  No, that was our introduction. THIS is our first "post." I made sure the account is current with the older and newer pictures of Nail Art on Instagram so it seems logical to me that we'll just start with what I have on my nails at this moment. I may go back later and pick up an older design and post it. Also, I'm willing to answer any questions here that you might have about my Instagram pictures. I don't do tutorials like those you would find on YouTube or other outlets but I can certainly share pictures and discuss the methods and colors I used for a particular style. So if you have questions, just ask!

So here we go............


This is what we're wearing currently. I used a base coat of  Sally Hansen Double Duty. Always, always, always use a GOOD quality base coat. These polishes do some strange things to our nails so to avoid the "cost of beauty," protect what you can, when you can.

Carrying on... the next layer is OPI Alpine Snow. I'll often do different bottom coats on different fingers but for this design I used the Alpine Snow on all of my nails. I prefer doing thin coats because they seem to dry more even as well as faster so this time I used 2 coats of Alpine Snow.

Once this was very dry I used my Nail Art Plate: BORN PRETTY BP-L006 12.5 x 6.5cm and my new 2pcs/set Clear Jelly Nail Art Stamper Clear Silicone Marshmallow Nail Stamper & Scraper, and I started with Sinful Colors Thimbleberry 108. Once I applied my stamps, I added accent to the ring finger nails using Sinful Colors Why Not 951.


I finished the design off with, as always, Seche Vita Top Coat. This always fills in any indents and smudges and leaves my nails looking smooth as glass and incredibly well protected! I love the always-wet look it gives too! The fact that it dries completely in less than 1 full minute is also a HUGE selling point for me!

This was my first time using the Clear Jelly Nail Art Stamper and I won't ever use anything else! The pick up with this stamper is amazing and I had NO empty spots when I transferred the stamp. I also love looking through the stamper and knowing exactly were the design is going to apply. Usually it's a half-hoping and half-wishing game to see what you end up with when you lift the stamper. Not with this one. You know exactly where to line it up and where you put it is where your polish stays! One thing I did notice that I want to call to your attention - I clean my stampers with a lint remover roller and it works well with this one too. BUT for some reason I haven't discovered YET, you have to wipe the Clear Jelly Stamper with a paper towel or napkin after using the lint roller or it will NOT pick up your polish! It scared me the first time it happened and I'll find out why eventually but it works great once you quickly wipe it.

Since this is the first Nail Art Post I want to touch on a couple of things here: First, the stamp plates from Born Pretty are exceptional quality. They are stainless steel and have very deep grooves. This is important because other brands aren't etched as deeply and your final design is either "sketchy" or missing in areas. I have several BP plates and haven't had any trouble with any of them. They are covered by a blue film that protects it during shipping and attached to a cardboard backing that serves several purposes, the main one is to keep it from being bent. Others don't have this bonus. They also come in a heavy cardboard sleeve that keeps them from being scratched when not in use. I highly recommend Born Pretty stamping plates.

Second, I've used several of the marshmallow and other types of stampers from several places and although the traditional stampers from Born Pretty work well, for reasons I already stated, I cannot stress how happy I am with the Clear Jelly Nail Art Stamper and I especially recommend them if you are just starting out. Your stress level will decrease enough to make the additional small cost worth while.

There you have it. Our first official Nail Art post. I hope I've answered any questions you may have had. If not, feel free to leave them in the comments below and I promise I'l answer quickly. Also, if there's a particular design that you've seen on my Instagram Page that you have questions about or would like more information on, let me know in the comments.

Thanks for hanging out here with me. I hope it was worth your time and you'll come back soon for the next Post. To make sure you don't miss the next one be sure to follow me on Google+ up on the top right side of the page. Until next time, I hope your nails stay healthy, long and strong!!!!


Several people have asked me about the Peel Off Liquid Tape that saves so much time with clean up after you finish your designs. It's on sale now at the Born Pretty Store and you can find it here.....

White Peel Off Liquid Tape & Peel Off Base Coat Nail Art Liquid Palisade



Also, most of the products I've used in this post can be found at the Born Pretty Store. I shop from there often! As a reward for reading this far, use this link to place an order and receive FREE SHIPPING!!!

Born Pretty Nail Art

1 comment:

  1. I love the cheetah print. It seems to be what everyone wants these days on their nails and yes turned out great

    ReplyDelete